Relocating to Hartsville
Fun Facts about Hartsville from HartsvilleMom.com!
- It only snows once or twice a year and it's usually in January or February!
- We have really hot summers that can get to over 100 degrees!
- We have an AMC movie theater in downtown that shows the newest and latest movies for under $3 per person. Unbelievable!
- We have 2 local coffee shops in downtown Hartsville called The Rooster and Crema and they are both great!
- Hartsville is a very family-friendly town but is also great for young professionals.
- Hartsville is also a college town with Coker College located right in downtown!
- Hartsville is a unique southern town because it is much more progressive than many other towns of the same size. They were named an All-America City 2016!
- You can carry and drink alcohol around the streets of the downtown area of Hartsville, as long as it's in a plastic cup!
- The YMCA Hartsville provides free childcare for ages 6 weeks - 10 years old while you work out there. Amazing! They have pilates and yoga fitness classes.
- Visit Kalmia Gardens for a good scenic hike and go to Black Creek Arts to take an art or yoga class!
LOCAL ORGANIZED RESOURCES
City of Hartsville
The City of Hartsville is a great resource if you are interested in learning about the town and need some information on moving out here. From who your electricity provider is (which is Duke Energy, of course) to who to contact if you want to open a new business, this is your first stop for all of that information. Go to City of Hartsville's website.
Greater Hartsville Chamber of Commerce
Similar to the City of Hartsville's website, you will find a lot of good information on the city and getting situated in Hartsville. You can also become a chamber member and get involved with other businesses if you are opening a business in this town. It's a great networking resource. Go to the Greater Hartsville Chamber of Commerce's website.
Hartsville Mom's Group
There used to be a local chapter for a mother's group called Mothers with Preschoolers (MOPS) in Hartsville, SC. As of right now, it has been cancelled. However, there is a Hartsville Moms Group on facebook! Go to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1651187731770761/ to join!
Women's League of Hartsville
The Women's League of Hartsville is a not-for-profit service and social club for all women who live and work in Hartsville, SC. In addition to monthly gatherings and ongoing volunteer work, the group hosts a Live and Silent Auction to benefit other deserving non-profits. They meet every 1st Wednesday of every month. Email email@example.com for more information.
Morning Childcare/Parent's Morning Out/Preschool
Need childcare for just the mornings to run errands? Find a preschool or mother's morning out program for your babies and toddlers! Your baby can be as young as 6 weeks old to enroll into one of these morning programs. Between 3 to 4 hours in the mornings, these programs are great for your kids to learn and thrive in a loving Christian environment. Check out Hartsville Mom's list.
Not ready to put your baby or toddler in preschool yet? Try The Little Gym in Florence for FREE! They offer weekly classes according to age group from 4 months old babies through 12 year olds! They have classes in the mornings, afternoons and evenings. They focus on physical development that gives your child the confidence to move, climb and jump plus more! As a perk, they also host member exclusive muffins and coffee for moms (or grandparent or dad) events every month for free. It is a great way to get your baby or toddler to play with other kids within their age group and for mommies to find other mommies with some similarities. Your first trial class with your little one at The Little Gym in Florence is always FREE! Call them to schedule a visit at (843) 676-9001. The Little Gym of Florence is located at 1945 West Palmetto St., Ste. 115, Florence, SC 29501. Go to: https://www.thelittlegym.com/florenceSC/classes to check out their schedule!
Hartsville Young Professionals (HYP)
Hartsville has an active Young Professionals group. They have regular events throughout the year. Visit their website:http://www.hartsvilleyp.org/ for more information. It is a great place to network with other young professionals in the area. They also plan trips together and have volunteer events.
Buying a Home in Hartsville, SC
It can be really hard to find a place for rent in Hartsville, SC so many newcomers end up buying but that's a really big commitment!. Compared to big cities, the homes here are a lot more affordable. Sometimes you can find some homes for rent in Hartsville from craigslist.org under the Florence, SC area. Just type in "Hartsville" in the search criteria to see. You can sometimes find a rental on the Facebook Marketplace.